I wanted to add citrus flavor to my pasta lunch. I sprinkled Homemade Grapefruit Peel Powder on it.
I have been keeping grapefruit skins over the months in my freezer.
Now I have enough grapefruit skins to make grapefruit peel powder 🙂
1. Place the grapefruit peels in a large saucepan and cover with water. Set on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil. Drain the water from the peels.
2. Place back the peels and add 4 tablespoons sugar and 2 cups water to the saucepan. Cook until the peels are translucent.
3. Drain any remaining syrup from the peels.
4. Remove the white pith as much as you can.
5. Preheat the oven to 200 F.
6. Spread the peels in a single layer on parchment paper. Dry the peels in the oven until they are crisp and begins to curly. Let cool completely.
7. Place the cooled, dried peels in a food processor. Graind until fine powder is formed.