1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Almonds and Dried Cranberries
1. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolks and vanilla.
2. Place flour, sugar, butter, and salt in the bowl of a food processor; process until mixture is the texture of coarse meal.
3. With motor running, add egg mixture to food processor. Process until a dough forms.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic; chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 320F. Roll to a thickness of 3/4 inch.
(When I roll a cookie dough, I put the dough between the plastic wraps, so I don’t need sprinkle the extra flour to prevent sticking.)
6. Cut dough with a ginger bread man shape cookie cutter; transfer to baking sheet.
7. Put an almond or a dried cranberry on the cookie man’s chest; fold his arms over the almond or the dried cranberry; make eyes with a small writing tube.
8. Bake until edges are firm, 12-15 minutes. Cool 1-2 minutes on baking sheets.