A couple weeks ago, the temperature reached 115F here. Since then, my A/C has been working day and night so I try to minimize cooking time.
Summer Pasta with Garlic Toast
2 cups of Pasta (I used Penne this time)
1 roman tomato (you can use any kind of tomatoes)
1/2 cup of cucumber, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon frozen corns (No need of thawing)
1/4 cup of Italian dressing
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package direction. Rinse Pasta with cold water. *Keep boiling water to cook shurimps.* Just throw shrimps right into the pasta water.
- While the pasta/shrimps are finishing up chopping vegetable.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped vegetable, shrimps, frozen corns and cooked cold pasta with Italian dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill it in the refrigerator.
1 slice of Texas Toast
1 Tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, pasted
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Make garlic paste with Oroshigane(Japanese Grater) *You can use garlic presser or just finely chopped garlic*
2. Mix garlic past and butter
3. Spread the mixture on the bread, sprinkle chopped parsley & grated parmesan cheese.
4. Broil until golden brown.
Enjoy Summer Pasta with Garlic Toast!!
My Oroshigane (Japanese Graters)
Can you see many small spikes?