It is hard to find Texas Toast in my local stores. But recently 99 cent store opened in my area and I went there last night. They have Texas Toast!!
French Toast (for 2 people)
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon honey
3 slices Texas Toast
Maple syrup, Powder sugar, Cinnamon powder, Butter,
Optional — Frozen fruit (Blueberry & Raspberry)
1. Whisk together egg, milk, honey in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold bread slices in a single layer.
2. Soak bread slices each side until saturated.
3. Heat butter and vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
5. Sprinkle with powder sugar, cinnamon powder, fruits, and maple syrup.
6. Enjoy French Toast!!
Sounfs amazing but what is texas toast?
Texas toast (not sold toasted as the name implies) is sold sliced at double the typical thickness of most sliced breads. This thick sliced bread is especially useful for dishes involving liquids, such as French toast.